"As a small team, we needed a secure, robust and scalable solution that integrated well with our systems ... We found that among other technology partners, Kyriba was best aligned to support our needs."- Johan Bergqvist, Spotify VP, Corporate Finance & Treasury
Sign up for blog updates. Receive the latest news and trends that matter to treasury and finance professionals.
7 Ways Kyriba Live! 2018 Put the Sizzle into Treasury Management
By Erik BrattApril 2, 2018
One month ago, hundreds of treasury and finance professionals descended upon the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort outside Phoenix for one of the largest industry gatherings of its kind, Kyriba Live! 2018. The event was a massive success, bringing together major corporations and high-profile partners for nearly a week of best practice sessions, hands-on training, thought leadership, and value networking.
Here are seven ways that Kyriba Live put the ‘sizzle’ into the treasury management industry:
1. An experience, not an event — This year, Kyriba Live! became more than just another user event. With the number of people, the picturesque setting, the quality of sessions, the attention to detail, and one heck of a party, the event transcended into an full-fledged experience. See what happened in this highlight reel, or visit our Facebook album.
2. ROI-packed case studies — Kyriba customers brought their “A” game, delivering insightful, ROI-specific case studies that show the true value of treasury technology. Nowhere was this more apparent than the presentation delivered by David Deranek of HSCS, who showed how his company used Kyriba to dramatically shrink working capital balances, boost investment returns by 5 percent, and save $2.4M annually. View all customer presentations on SlideShare:
3. Industry leading product innovation — Kyriba product leader Thierry Truche came on stage to show customers how the company is innovating a new, higher level of treasury management called Liquidity Performance Management (LPM), which combines cash and risk management, payments and working capital solutions to help treasury and finance leaders both power and protect the business in an increasingly volatile global market. Check out this presentation on payments fraud. Kyriba customers can access additional details in Kyriba Social, the company’s interactive community portal.
4. Big news — At the show, Kyriba and BlackRock, one of the world’s largest asset management firms, made news by announcing a new strategic partnership that leverages both firms’ technologies to help CFOs streamline investment decisions based on real-time visibility into available cash and liquidity. Read the release or watch this short video with BlackRock’s Thomas Callahan.
5. Major partner involvement — The Kyriba eco-system is large and diverse, and made a strong showing at Kyriba Live, helping sponsor the event, as well as deliver meaningful presentations into core treasury and finance topics. Accenture, C-Vision, Deloitte, Ernst & Young, FITECH, Oracle NetSuite, Thomson Reuters and others all participated. Here’s a presentation from Accenture on multi-purpose forecasting:
6. A sizzling intro — A great conference experience needs a great beginning, and Kyriba kicked off the show with a sizzling intro that got the crowd pumped up and excited. The video showed the concurrent rise of the treasury profession, from tactical to strategic, along with the evolution of Kyriba’s product strategy.
7. Two words: cowboy party — Actually only a few folks wore their cowboy boots, but Kyriba’s southwestern-themed client party was a big hit, complete with lasso competitions, mechanical bull riding, great food and a country-rock band. The event was held under the stars in “Hidden Valley,” a quiet retreat behind the resort. One bold client jumped up on stage and belted out a perfect rendition of “Smoke on the Water.”
Stay tuned for next year
Missed out on Kyriba Live! 2018? Check out the content above, visit our Facebook album and stay tuned for information about next year’s event.